I wonder if this is a common problem at the production company, maybe it comes up with every TV documentary they make. They should fire this guy, but he's probably the son of the company director or something.
Friday, 13 July 2012
Inappropriate soundtrack
I've recently been watching some German TV to brush up my German. Today I saw a documentary about Wetzlar cathedral, but it was really weird because every time they showed a reconstruction of the cathedral they played the theme from classic 80s show Street Hawk.
Who the hell thought that Wetzlar cathedral's unique combination of romanesque, gothic and baroque architectural tradition would be best illuminated by the theme song from a 1980s American kid's show about an ex-cop who solves crimes by riding around on a top-secret superbike? Was there some 80s manboy on the production team who ground down the will of every other person?
I wonder if this is a common problem at the production company, maybe it comes up with every TV documentary they make. They should fire this guy, but he's probably the son of the company director or something.
I wonder if this is a common problem at the production company, maybe it comes up with every TV documentary they make. They should fire this guy, but he's probably the son of the company director or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

speaking of grinding down other people, do you know the Stromberg Fernsehserie? Ich finde es ganz nützlich für die Auffrischung meiner Deutschkenntnisse.
ReplyDeleteIch auch! I actually started watching it last week when I found out you can watch all the episodes online. I find it hard to follow every word though. Not to mention the problem of understanding German humour.
ReplyDeletethis is the best comic I've ever seen
ReplyDeleteI had forgotten how awesome that theme tune was.
ReplyDelete