Sunday, 24 January 2010

Verbal Abuse


Here's a poem I wrote when I was seventeen and had found my first thesaurus.


Verbal Abuse

I beg forgiveness should you find abstruse
My rueful lexicon abuse
And hope you view my persiflage
Not as verbal camouflage
For your insensate lambastement
Unless, of course, you knew what I meant
When I coalesced my coterie
(A lie, I confess; read: lottery)
Who bowlderise, as you can see,
Such hedonistic hyperbole
The likes of which you'll find, to this,
Is a pure antithesis -
I find myself too insensate
Right now, and entre nous,
I've heard such obliquy of late
From larrikins like you
Full of a vacuous cachet
Whose rhetoric turns air blue -
Quis talia fando temperet
a lacrimis
, and true!

2 comments:

  1. Is this the one you showed to Mrs Forward who said "oh John, you are a tease"....?
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure, I don't recall that incident...

    ReplyDelete