It was a typically bright and sunny morning in the north-east. As I walked to the station thoughts were running through my head. Not very interesting thoughts though, so I won't bother recounting them here.
To reach the start of the walk I had to get to the Wallsend Metro station in Newcastle. The Newcastle metro system isn't exactly very extensive, but they do manage to make it incredibly confusing, which is quite an achievement. When I eventually worked out how to get to Wallsend, I got off the train to be greeted by bilingual signage.
To reach the start of the walk I had to get to the Wallsend Metro station in Newcastle. The Newcastle metro system isn't exactly very extensive, but they do manage to make it incredibly confusing, which is quite an achievement. When I eventually worked out how to get to Wallsend, I got off the train to be greeted by bilingual signage.
Then I started to walk. And I saw a big round picture of Hadrian's head, so I knew I was on the right track.
The route left the Wall almost immediately, and followed the river Tyne through Newcastle.
After about 15 miles I found the Wall again at Heddon-on-the-Wall. Hooray! Then it was another 3 miles to my first campsite.
No comments:
Post a Comment